TALLAHASSEE - PANAMA CITY - FORT WALTON BEACH - PENSACOLA
The Office of Immigration/Refugee Services serves all individuals regardless of race, religion, or country of origin who are experiencing problems in seeking admission into the country, seeking permanent residence, citizenship, family reunification or assistance while temporarily here in the U.S. Our goal is to stabilize their situations, achieve self-sufficiency as quickly as possible, and participate in the life of the community. Our multilingual/multicultural staff anticipates the needs of our client population and responds accordingly providing assistance in translating, completing intake forms, and assimilating to cross-cultural differences.
Immigrants have always played a significant role in the development of our region, providing infusions of culture, energy, and enthusiasm that help Northwest Florida flourish. Our Immigration Program which is recognized by the US Department of Justice Office of Legal Access Programs provides low-cost, quality legal immigration services.
Each new client completes an in-take, rights and responsibilities form, and pre-immigration questionnaire for consultations. When filing petitions through our office, each client completes the post-immigration survey, a service plan, and signs a service agreement specifying that if they are present in the country without proper documentation, they are subject to law enforcement including deportation, and the fees due to USCIS as well as the nominal fee payable to Catholic Charities for services rendered.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, clients are seen by appointment only.
Immigration Services Offered
- Family-Based Immigration
- Petitions for family members
- Adjustment of Status (Residency/Green Card)
- Consular process documentation
- Removal of conditions
- Renewal of residency (Green Card)
- Employment Authorization Document
- K Visas (Non Immigrant Visas)
- U Visas (for victims of certain crimes)
- VAWA (for victims of domestic violence)
- TPS (Temporary Protection Status)
- Qualifying Refugee Resettlement Process
- Translations & Notarizations
- Travel Documents and More
Refugee Resettlement Services
- Airport pick-up upon arrival and transportation to new home.
- Provide or ensure that the refugees that arrive in the area are provided the following:
- Decent, safe, and sanitary housing based on federal, local or state housing quality standards.
- Necessary furniture and household items.
- Culturally appropriate grocery items & a ready-to-eat meal upon arrival.
- Appropriate seasonal clothing for work, school, and everyday use for all members of the family.
- Assistance with the following:
- Application for social security card(s) and other forms of personal identification necessary in the United States.
- Assistance with access to health services.
- Application for food stamps, cash and medical assistance.
- Enrollment of adults in English language programs.
- Enrollment in employment services including Job readiness and orientation to the U.S. workforce as well as assistance to becoming employed and retaining the job.
- Meeting school enrollment requirements and registering children in grades K-12 in school.
- Registration of males between the ages of 18 and 25 with the Selective Service.
- Filing change of address forms with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Post Office (and Selective Service, as applicable) for all changes of address, including initial and temporary housing, during the service period.
- Completing and filing Affidavits of Relationship, as needed.
- Enrollment in or application for other services for which each refugee is eligible.
- Orientation. Including but not limited to U.S. laws and customs including but not limited to budgeting and personal finances, housing, health, hygiene, cultural adjustment, education, transportation and resources available in the community.
- Other services as needed.
To make a donation to our Immigration & Refugee Program:
Catholic Charities of
Immigration and Refugee Services
Serving Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, and Tallahassee
1815 N. Sixth Avenue
Fort Walton Beach Office
11 First Street SE