Hurricane Michael has left a devastating impact on so many lives. It will take years for the communities and individuals impacted to recover. We need volunteers, both skilled and unskilled, to help in the recovery from this disaster. The volunteer tasks we need help with are the following:
- Tearing out drywall/flooring
- Framing/Finish Carpentry
- Dry Wall Hanging, Taping and Mudding
- Window and Door Installation
- Cabinet Installation
- Flooring: Laminate, Vinyl, etc.
- Tile: Ceramic, etc.
- Debris Removal
- Yard Work
- Chainsaw Work
- Ramp Building
- Tarping of roofs
- Donation Sorting/Distribution
Please sign up as a volunteer today and make a difference for one of our neighbors who is trying to get back on their feet after the hurricane: VOLUNTEER TODAY!
You can also make a gift to support our neighbors in need who have been affected by Hurricane Michael: MAKE A GIFT
If you would like to mail your donation, please make checks payable to Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida/Hurricane Relief and mail to PO Box 6330, Pensacola, FL 32503.
Catholic Charities was quick to respond after the hurricane. Catholic Charities Disaster Relief Distribution sites were set up to provide immediate basic needs after the hurricane. In 49 days, more than 81,000 individuals were served with the support of more than 4,100 volunteers who provided over 25,000 hours of service which included 150,000 hot meals. Catholic Charities distributed more than $25,000 in gift cards to families to help support their immediate needs. In a time of hopelessness, 831 children received Christmas gifts to experience the joy of the season. We would never have been able to serve so many without the support of all of the parishes, the Knights of Columbus, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Charities of Florida, and individuals & groups of all faiths from around the country. Thank you to everyone that helped us make a difference!
Volunteer Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Catholic Charities is engaged and committed to supporting the long term recovery & rebuilding needs of these communities which will take years. More than 15,000 homes received major and moderate damage in Panama City, Callaway, Parker, Mexico Beach, and Port St. Joe according to East Coast Polytechnic Institute data (ECPI). We are helping people rebuild their lives one person at a time. Our long term recovery efforts include housing, relocation, repairs, homeless prevention, and other such activities. Please know that we need your help now more than ever.
The recovery process will be a multi year endeavor and we need your support!
Needed Items for our neighbors:
- Canopy Tents
- Cleaning Supplies- Trash Bags, Brooms, Mops, Disinfectant Wipes, and Bleach
- Gloves & Dust Masks
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Paper Towels & Toilet Paper
- Baby Items: Food, Diapers & Pull Ups, Wipes, Shampoo, Lotion, Diaper Rash Cream, and New Baby Clothing (0-12 Months)
- Non-Perishable Food Items: Peanut Butter, Jelly, Canned Vegetables, Canned Chicken & Tuna, Canned Soup, Vienna Sausages, Canned Fruit, Mac & Cheese, Ramen Noodles, Spaghetti, Pasta Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Rice, Oatmeal, and Cereal.
- Plastic & Paper Dishware
- Toiletries- Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Wet Wipes, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hand Sanitizer
- No Clothing or Household Items Please
Please drop off donated items at one of the office locations below:
1815 N. 6th Ave
Pensacola, FL 32503
8:30 AM - 4 PM
Panama City Office
2943 East 11th Street
Panama City, FL
8:30 AM - 4 PM
If you would like to deliver donated supplies to Panama City please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In five months, Catholic Charities spent more than $537,000 on disaster relief and recovery needs. We are rebuilding homes, supporting housing and utility needs, and assisting with essential basic supplies. Before a household receives financial and physical assistance in the recovery process, they are screened and an intake application is completed to validate and verify need. The list for those needing hurricane recovery assistance grows every day. Catholic Charities is making a difference — one person at a time.
How can you help?
- Donate online to support disaster recovery at ccnwfl.org or mail a donation to Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery, PO Box 6330, Pensacola, FL 32503
- Volunteer – skilled labor volunteers such as plumbers, carpenters, and electricians, as well as unskilled volunteers to support general recovery needs
- Pray! Please pray for those whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Michael and the Catholic Charities staff who are assisting individuals as they recover and rebuild.