Catholic Charities carries out the social mission of the Catholic Church in Northwest Florida to serve, empower and advocate for vulnerable families and individuals of any race, religion or national origin
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee is the social services ministry of the Diocese, under the authority of the Diocesan Bishop, delegated to the Executive Director of Catholic Charities, in conjunction with the Diocesan Board of Directors of Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida, Inc.
Catholic Charities is accountable in the areas of:
A. Mission – to answer Christ’s call to help those in need.
B. Doctrine – to the moral teachings of the Church.
C. Policy – to the Bishop of the Diocese, the Executive Director of Catholic Charities, the Diocesan Board of Directors of Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida.
D. Interaction with outside agencies and individual regarding programs -
- Florida Catholic Conference for networking and social development, especially in the area of legislation.
- Catholic Charities USA for acceptable standards and guidelines in the delivery of services.
- Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) for standards and guidelines as a child placement agency and for other grant funded programs.
- United Way for funding of programs.
- United States Catholic Conference for Refugee Resettlement and Immigration Services.
- To federal, state or local governmental agencies who provide funding, support or regulation inn the delivery on human services
- To national, state or local private foundations and individual donors who care so deeply about our ministry of service to share their valuable resources
- To any other funding agent where there is an agreement for accountability in return for such funding.
- Pursuit of accreditation through the Council of Accreditation (COA) for Children and Family Services
Rooted in Holy Scripture and Sacred Tradition, Catholic Charities carries out the social ministry
of the Catholic Church inNorthwest Floridathrough the guiding principles of:
The Human Dignity of every person from conception to natural death.
The Common Good
Solidarity with the Poor
COMPASSION is the essential core value and the foundation of all others:
Assisting the vulnerable and poor
Responding to need
Being receptive to new challenges
Treating others fairly and honestly
Recognizing the dignity of all
Welcoming inclusivity as well as diversity
Holding all resources in trust
Developing the talents and gifts of all
Being responsible for financial and human resources in order for the mission to continue
Motivating others to take advantage of available resources to improve their lives
Advocating for positive change
Assuring a high degree of professionalism
Establishing measurable goals
Implementing best practices with resources available
Strengthening families by providing help and giving hope.