18 ALLIES NEEDED to work with 6 Circle Leaders in 2014!
The Circles® ALLY has three primary goals:
- Build an intentional relationship with a family living in poverty (Circle Leader) and support them on their journey to have enough money, meaning and friends.
- Increase awareness of one’s own stereotypes and class rules and be willing to face these
- Use the experience of friendship with an under-resourced family to advocate within the community for changes in the system barriers that keep poverty in place
2-3 allies engaged with one low-income family focused on accomplishing goals and building relationships. This is a good option if allies want to have a significant relationship with one low-income family that is focused on building relationships and being transformed.
Commitment of an ALLY:
- After the Circles match is made, allies are asked to participate in the 1st and 3rd Weekly Community Meetings to work with Circle Leader, Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 pm at Cathedral of the Sacred Heart Ave Maria Hall, 1212 E Moreno St, Pensacola, FL.
- Commit 4 hours per month for as long as the relationship develops with Circle Leader
- Optional attendance for other Weekly Community Meetings: 2nd Tuesday alternates between Guest Speaker and Big View meetings, 4th Tuesday is the Ally Support Meeting.
- Phone, Email and in-person contact with your Circle Leader throughout the month
- Allies are asked to not contribute financially to their Circle Leader
Support ALLIES Receive:
- Required participation in one ALLY TRAINING SERIES including Bridges Out of Poverty, Mental Model Exercise, Goal Setting and ALLY 101 along with Circles Leaders before match.
- Regularly scheduled ALLY Support sessions and collaboration with other allies in the Circle; no one is left in isolation.
- Staff to answer questions, assist with resource development, provide mentoring, and assist with conflict resolution.
- An ALLY’s family is welcome to attend the Tuesday meetings and participate in the youth development activities.
Register Today for the January 2014 ALLY TRAINING SERIES!
Circles® Northwest Florida Community Organizer & Job Development
(850) 429-7296, ext. 2